Agility is a fast and entertaining team activity for you and your dog. Your dog will be taught to perform a series of tasks on your command. They will run through tunnels, jump over hurdles, weave through a series of upright poles, jump through tyres and run up and over ramps and seesaws. Your dog must be fit and so should you be as you must run with your dog. This is a great way of combining fun and exercise for you both.
A current vaccination certificate must be produced on enrolment at the beginning of each 6 week session.
Rules and Regulations for Agility/Jumping Classes
To ensure the safety of your dog the following rules must be upheld at all times and be closely monitored by Instructors.
- No bitches in season will be allowed on training ground.
- Handlers must train dogs with soft collar only – no correction collars are permitted in agility training.
- Sensible clothing and footwear to be worn during training - no thongs.
- Dogs must be on lead or crated at all times unless instructed otherwise by Instructors.
- Dogs under 18 months to be supervised by Instructor as to what equipment is appropriate for their safety.
- An Instructor must be in attendance at all times for training on equipment.
- Class members are asked to assist with setting up or packing equipment as requested.